The environmental policy of the Government of Egypt seeks to achieve environmental protection through the establishment of proper institutional, economic, legislative and technical frameworks at the local, regional, national and international levels. This is expressed through the seven directives of the policy statement of the ministry:
- Strengthening partnerships at the national level.
- Supporting bilateral and international partnerships in the environmental fields.
- Enforcing Law 4 of 1994 for the protection of the environment, and Law 102 of 1983 for Natural Protectorates and all other environmental legislation.
- Supporting institutional strengthening and capacity building for the Egyptian Environmental Affairs Agency and Environmental Management Units (EMU's) of the governorates.
- Supporting Integrated Environmental Management Systems.
- Integrate the use of market-based instruments in the field of environmental protection.
- Transfer and adaptation of environmentally friendly technologies.
Within this policy framework, institutional and regulatory reforms are carried out, aiming at the implementation of national environmental policy objectives and measures.
The implementation of the environmental policies of the Government of Egypt, as expressed by the policy framework and directives of the ministry, is carried out with four main principles underlying environmental management and protection initiatives:
- Strengthening the Integrative Capacity of Central and Local Government.
- Strengthening of Public - Private Partnerships.
- Partnerships with Environmental Non Governmental Organizations.
- The Integration of Gender Issues in Environmental Policies and Programs.
More (Plans & Strategies) ...