The component supports the EEAA which is a handed over project initiated in 1996 and
phased out. EIMP aims at enhancing the knowledge and understanding of environmental quality and
pollution sources and their interaction.
1. Institutional support to EEAA through enhanced knowledge of environmental quality and impacts of pollution
2.Enhanced knowledge of coastal water quality through coastal water monitoring.
3. Enhanced knowledge of air pollution, its causes and consequences through Air Quality Monitoring.
4. Reference laboratories to improve the consistency in quality pf data.
5. Installation of monitoring and field equipment.
6. Purchase and installation of computer hardware/software.
7.Establishment of QA/QC systems.
8. Input to the Egyptian State of the Environment Report.