· The workshop aimed to gather and inform the beneficiaries of the system about the objectives of phase 2.
· Its focal point was to increase awareness among all people of the community to hazardous that may exist.
· The workshop also aimed to help the Civil Defense Authority to be better prepared for emergencies resulting from industrial accidents that threaten to an extent beyond the fence-line of the industrial facilities.
· In addition to the above, one of the workshop's objectives was to support industrial facilities in developing their on-site emergency response plans.
· The workshop also discussed the final solution that has been made to the Integrated Service Digital Network (ISDN) in addition to transforming the system to a web-base in order to work in phase2 through the internet.